Self Storage in Kellyville
Soft toys are a space-hogging dilemma in many homes across Australia! We all know how kids protest at the thought of them being thrown out. Additionally, many of those soft toys were probably given to your kids at sentimental occasions by loved ones. This means they are also perfect candidates for self storage by Kellyville customers! So, how do you safely keep the things that are so precious to your kids in a self storage module? We take you through the process today!
Before you pack the soft toys into anything, whether it is a vacuum-seal bag, plastic tub, shelf or net, you’ll need to treat it for pests. If there are already creepy crawlies living in them, the undisturbed environment of a self storage module is the perfect breeding ground.
To kill any pests in the soft toys you can:
- Have them treated professionally with a pesticide similar to that used on household carpets. Contact a professional for this.
- Pack them with mothballs.
- Wash them in the hottest water you have available with a strong vinegar mix … after ensuring that they won’t become disfigured or bleached by this! Dry them in a tumble dryer.
- Freeze any toys which could not be hot-washed in the freezer, then wash as usual.
- Sprinkle a product like food grade diatomaceous earth on the toys, to help dehydrate and kill any bugs hiding on them.
Vacuum sealing is appropriate for most soft toys. However, if your child’s toys have any parts which would be permanently disfigured by being crushed, you’ll need to find another way to store them.
Hey, You’ve Got to Hide Your Toys Away
If you are packing anything in your storage module like cupboards, chests of drawers, deep freezers or fridges, pack the soft toys inside these. They are a good choice for packing inside other items of your Kellyville self storage module because they are light and non-fragile.
Make sure you also put plenty of silica sachets in with the toys, as there can be a fair bit of residual moisture hiding in these appliances which will mould the soft toys.
Put Your Toys on the Net
No, not selling them! The same nets which can be screwed into your roof at home to easily hold soft toys can also be used in your Kellyville self storage module, helping utilise the space up above.